This is my new go-to meal for the kids. It’s easy, healthy and the kids love it. It wasn’t too long ago that my daughter wouldn’t eat chicken unless it was breaded and deep fried. So I feel like we are making progress. I use this recipe when we are rushing off to soccer practice or when we don’t feel like making a huge meal. There are also many substitutions you can make to mix it up a bit. Exchange the chicken for steak or fish. You can even add more veggies to make a vegetarian style quesadilla. Have fun with it.
This is how easy this recipe is. I first spray my griddle or pan with non-stick spray. Then add the flour tortilla and the cheese. You will need to have the chicken and spinach already cooked. I used a cooked roast chicken and frozen spinach for this recipe. But you could probably use a cooked chicken breast and fresh spinach too.
You will then cover the tortilla with the cheese, chicken and spinach until the cheese melts. You want it to melt enough to keep it all together. You will also need to flip the quesadilla at least once so it doesn’t burn on one side.
This is a really great meal when you are rushing to get dinner on the table.
- Flour Tortillas (2 per quesadilla)
- Roast Chicken, cooked
- 1 package Frozen Spinach, cooked
- 1 package Shredded cheese, Mexican
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Spray your griddle or pan with non-stick spray. This will keep it from sticking.
- Put flour tortilla on hot surface
- Spread healthy amount of shredded cheese on tortilla
- Add cooked chicken and cooked spinach
- Then cover with another flour tortilla
- Let meld together for a few minutes, then flip the quesadilla
- Remove from pan once the cheese has completely melted
- Cut into quarters and serve
You can use many substitutions for this recipe. Exchange the chicken for cooked steak or fish. You can also add other veggies to make a vegetarian style quesadilla.