I love breakfast! I could eat it morning, noon and night. So when I find a great breakfast or brunch recipe, I can’t wait to try it. This Apple Breakfast Crisp is made with apples, granola, Greek yogurt and honey (among other ingredients) and it’s under 200 calories. It’s perfect for breakfast or possibly dessert! It’s a delicious treat! And the kids will love it too.
There are a number of ingredients but nothing too complicated. I mentioned the apples, granola, Greek yogurt and honey. But there is also lemon peel for the Greek yogurt, butter, brown sugar and my all time favorite ingredient…. cinnamon! Making this recipe makes me think about fall. This is a great recipe for a Sunday morning.
Plate your apples, add the Greek yogurt mixture, drizzle the honey and top with granola. The combination of apples, cinnamon and the sweetness of the honey is delectable!
- 2 medium Gala Apples
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 cups fat-free plain Greek Yogurt (I used Fage)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Peel, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Dash cinnamon
- 1/2 cup low-fat Granola
- 4 teaspoons Honey
- Slice your apples into quarters
- In medium skillet, heat butter and apples over medium heat. Cook apples for 5 minutes or until apples are golden brown, turn occasionally
- Reduce heat and add brown sugar and cinnamon
- Mix and cook for another 5 minutes until the apples are nearly tender
- Remove skillet from heat
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes
- Combine Greek yogurt with lemon peel
- Plate the apples, add the yogurt mixture.
- Sprinkle the granola over the apples and drizzle a teaspoon of honey to each plate (serves 4)
- Serve warm
This yummy recipe is adapted from one I found on recipes.com. There are many variations to the recipe, including adding a little ginger to the apples. You can also sprinkle blueberries over the plate for color. This makes a great breakfast or possibly a dessert.