One thing you will learn about me is that I am a comfort food eater! And when I’m stressed, the kids have busy schedules, or my husband is working late, I always reach for something easy! This meat sauce with tomatoes recipe is one I reach for quite frequently. It’s not only simple but the kids love it and it’s great for leftovers!
Simply brown and drain your meat!
Add sauce, canned tomatoes spices and my secret ingredient ….. balsamic vinegar ! See really simple right? Add pasta, some garlic bread and you have a nice meal. Even my husband enjoys it and trust me that is a hard nut to crack. Did I mention he is a really good cook and watches over me with a very critical eye. So when I ask him “what do you think”? I actually get a “good” as a response.
This recipe is really simple and there are many ways to add more natural ingredients to it. Cut up your own tomatoes or add minced garlic to the sauce pan.
- 1 pound Ground Beef or Turkey
- 32 oz Jar of Favorite Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 can of Diced Tomatoes
- Splash Balsamic Vinegar
- Brown the beef or turkey, drain the excess grease
- Add full jar of favorite sauce over medium heat
- Add the garlic powder and black pepper
- Add 1/2 can of diced tomatoes and mix all together (if it starts to spit at you, lower the heat to low)
- Add splash of balsamic vinegar to taste
- Mix all ingredients together and serve hot with your favorite pasta